10.23

     Looking through every dictionary with B in it is turning out to be more useful than I thought. I'm discovering a lot of potential word boundary conflicts. So far, I've come up with -log, -list, -lift, -top, -mark, -stick, -plate, -rack, -store, -worm, -dock, and -neck. I also had to figure out a way to distinguish between "ball," -bal, and -ball. I was already doing BA*UL for -ball since I discovered a problem with that a long time ago, but I had never actually changed the dictionary entries to reflect it! I wound up doing BAL for "ball" and B*AL for -bal, so the only part I have to try to remember is B*AL.
     I still have 35k entries to go through, but at least I feel like I'm doing a little more than just getting in a few inflected endings a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment