Average Semester Speed

Just for fun, I kept a record (or at least tried to) of the speed of all the jobs I wrote last semester. The fastest one, 201 wpm, was just one of the teleconferences I covered. Must have had a lot of people talking really fast on that one. It's pretty crazy how fast people like to go on those. The slowest one was my anthropology class, which clocked in at 136 wpm one day. It only had an average of 147 wpm for the whole semester, but the material was so ridiculously dense it felt like 250 some days. I never knew what words that professor was going to throw out.

My average for all jobs for the whole semester was 179 wpm. I'm not sure if that's more indicative of how fast people were actually talking, or just how fast I'm able to write material in general. Of course, I can go faster if it's easy stuff. During the last budget meeting, I was going at over 300 sometimes!


In successes and fixes news, I was pretty impressed with myself when I wrote counterinsurgencies and it came out perfectly right. I also wrote emoji, and it wasn't in my dictionary, but all the parts are individually defined, so I successfully built a word, which doesn't happen often. I fingerspelled it during the event, but it was cool to find out later when I went to put it in my dictionary that I could've just written it.


I found out that having ", eth-" defined as ", earth" was a really bad idea.  It seemed like a good move when I was covering an astronomy class. They talked about the Earth a lot. Then, all of a sudden when I was doing anthropology, and they're talking about ethnographies and ethnographic and ethnological and everything you can think of that starts with "eth-,"  it was very bad. And that is why you should not define word parts as words.


I also fixed a couple of suffixes. I had "realitity" come out when I stroked "reality" and "-ty,"  so I told -ty not to attach if there's already a -ty there. I also did something similar to fix intellectualtual.

No comments:

Post a Comment